Monday, February 21, 2011

:'(

Dear Classmates/Pseudo Intellectuals

Not watching certain MTV shows doesn't mean you're smarter than anyone else, it just means you're uninformed on the current state of popular culture.

On the same note, my enjoyment and the utter delight that I experience whilst watching shows such as: Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, MTV Live etc. does not make me an idiot,
so long as I do not emulate those I see smiling back at me from the TV screen.

Saying things like: 
"I have never seen that show but...[quotes/summarize events in show]"
"Whenever I see a young mom on the street I am instantly reminded of the show Teen Mom...
but I've never seen that show before"
"I've never seen that show before...[later]...I've watched a few episodes with my friend who has a kid"

..makes you the idiot and no one else

I fail to see the point of reassuring your classmates, and yourself, that you do not watch these shows,
especially when you, obviously, went out of your way to sign up for an art class on Popular Culture.
Did you only expect to be looking at fucking Warhol stencils?

I mean seriously.


Your disgusted acquaintance,
Alicia Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment