Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm sorry for being critical less than 30 pages in.

Dear Chuck Klosterman,

When you say things like, "The truth is that nothing changes literally: It's always the same people, doing the same things,"

I can really relate.

But,
on the next page set, you have Julia unwinding, after a troubling day facing her new reality, by listening to Foreigner's Jukebox Hero and you totally lose me. 

I mean, I'll keep reading, but a gal reading your book that was published in 2008 in 2011 about fictional events in 1983 isn't going to relate to Foreigner. 

I'm not saying you should name-drop some super underground band that no one in 1983 would have heard of, just, not Jukebox Hero.


Your ever-admiring fan,

Alicia Williams


P.S. I know that you're like, 'into' that kind of music, but these aren't your personal interviews/stories - I wanna relate to the characters and shit.



No comments:

Post a Comment