Monday, November 21, 2011

Kill Yr Idols

So,

I just watched this movie called Kill Your Idols.  You know I loved it forever.

I love Lydia Lunch
I love Thurston Moore
I love Liars
I love finding out about stuff I didn't know about when the stuff is really good
Most importantly: I LOVE LYDIA LUNCH

maybe I love the idea of her.

Anyways.

She said a few really cool things in this movie. 
INCLUDING:

Before NO WAVE punk was still following a blues/Chuck Berry chord structure (obviously there are always exceptions to the rule).
So, this means to me, that nowave is more punk than punk.
But, punks thinks bands like Sonic Youth are lame art-fags.

SO, this means to me (as if it already didn't) punks are dumb shits vest losers, RIGHT!!!?


Lydia Lunch also said that in the 70's they didn't have to deal with the same shit NY bands do now
and that is
labels taking their image and selling it back to them

ex: The Strokes


Lydia Lunch is amazing, and this movie (it's on Netflix) is worth watching just for her insights on music, because she is really real.



But yeah, it kind of reminded me of this Bikini Kill song from their worst album Reject All American.
The song is RIP and in it says
"you can't put how I feel in a package, and sell it back to everyone"

Think of that shiiatt next time you tune in to the fucking Peak.


I'm so glad I don't socialize..

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I can't seem to find it, but there's a video (It seems like it's called Punking Out and its about the Ramones and the Dead Boys) from 1979 I think, and Lydia Lunch gives her used tampons to the Dead Boys and talks about how they're such great fucks. It's pretty ridiculous.

    I really like the No New York compilation and those bands, but stuff like Glenn Branca's album Ascension is pretty boring. It's just not crazy enough.

    ReplyDelete