Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NEW SEMESTERRR!!!!!

Holla Balla,

I had my first class today of my brand new semester!!  The summer semester was a roughdeal time, I didn't really get a break between that and the winter semester and my grade I think reflect that.  PLUS, I'm not quite a morning person yet, so it was dumb times to take a bunch of crapmorningblahblah classes!  The classes were good, but I was always dead tired!

ANYWAYS,
I'm taking English 105 online, because I hear it's a total drag face2face.  The first day of an online course you have to do a dumb introduction so everyone gets to know each other, but you already know that, right?  So, this was mine:
Hello! My name is Alicia Williams, I'm 21, and I am in my second year here at UFV. So far, I've mostly taken Media and Communications courses, which are incredible! I have yet to decide on my major, it's a toss up between Visual Arts and Sociology - with a MACS minor/extended minor.
In my spare time I play video games, surf the internet for interesting music and invite people to my birthday. I also host a radio show on our community/campus radio station 101.7 CIVL, I do this every Monday from 12-2 pm. My show is called Mood Swings and on it I play mostly punk, lo-fi and garage!
That's really all I do, I have no job and no kids.
It used to take me forever to do those, but now I don't give any shits about what the onlineclassfatties think of my bad self.

Today I had Sociology 101.  My teacher is Anita van Wyk, I chose to take a class with her because of her rating on RateMyProff.com, I go on there to find which teacher is NICEST, I don't care how easy/difficult he/she is as a proff, as long as their nice to me and don't make me scorn their name!

I am ALREADYBEYONDSTOKED on her!  I showed up late, not my fault, but was there in time to hear this GOLDEN quote about if you miss a class/exam/assignment.  She said: "I don't care if your great-grandpa died and your great grandma is sad and needs you there, or if you are sad or mentally disturbed, I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT."  As you may know, from knowing me IRL or maybe just from reading my blog, this is enough to make me LOVE a teacher!! 
BUT IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I got there a sheet was being passed around with our presentation topics already assigned to us... this is something that otherwise frustrates me, until I finally got to see which on I got

SOCIAL MOVEMENTS!!!!!!!!

I KNOW RIGHT, fucking peeeerrrfect!!!!  This class isn't gonna know what hit them come Decemeber 1, 2010!!  I even told her I was unbelievably stoked on my topic (as well as apologized for being late)

I say words like "stoked, totally, nice, choice, sweet" etc to teachers because I feel that the next generation of socalledintellectuals are going to speak like that and not be fakesmartoversmart, you know?!  And I don't like being fake, I like being real.

I'VE HAD SUCH AN AMAZING WEEK SO FAR!  which totally makes up for the shitfuck weekend I had!!!

I have hella radio news too, but I'll discuss that in a different post to avoid confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment