Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"But you love your Simpsons course!"

That gender/Simpsons project I've been half thinking of/working on for awhile died!

Well, I thought it was due on the 23, but I was fucking wrong! 
It was supposed to be due today... BUT, last night I e-mailed my proff, Darren saying this:

Hey Darren,


I thought I was presenting on the 23rd, which is of course, not true!

So I've been working all week trying to get this presentation done, but

the two readings (which are not a part of the course) I've found

impossible to relate. I'm still going to keep working so I'll

technically have something to present tomorrow, but I won't be

confident in it AT ALL!

I was hoping maybe to save myself the embarrassment of presenting

something I think is total garbage and do Social Class or Identity

(that looked like it was still open).

I was using Chris Turner's book Planet Simpson - the chapter titled

Lisa Lionheart and Lana F. Rakow's essay "Feminist Approaches to

Popular Culture: Giving Patriarchy Its Due." Her essay seemed like a

good source after scouring the internet looking for something I thought

was valid, but the more I try to relate the two the more I feel like a

total idiot...

So could I please switch topics? I'm sorry I am bringing this up so

late

-Alicia.

I felt like a total knob, I don't usually do this with school.  After sending this and re-reading the course outline, I realized I had really done this project COMPLETLY WRONG!!!  I was supposed to use one COURSE reading and one other theorist and compare, or whatever.  I used two of my own choosing, and then found I couldn't even fucking relate the two together! 
SO, after trying to make it work, trying to make it work, refreshing and refreshing and refreshing myUFV e-mail, I started crying, pathetically! 

Jason walked into the room as I was looking for a course to take Jul/Aug so I could just withdraw if Darren said "no."

He didn't though! Cause he's super cool, and probably was like "whoooooa, she did this so wrong"
After spilling my heart's contents and admitting I felt like an idiot he said

Hi Alicia,
July 7th, Identity. It's yours.

darren

Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment