Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, June 7th, 2010

I did my radio show, Mood Swings, today!
This is how it works: the first hour or the show has a set theme or 'spotlight' on one particular artist, the second half of the show has conditions though.

If the first half of the show is a spotlight of an American (or from another country other than Canada) artist then the second half of the show will be a mix of various Canadian artists. 
If the first half of the show is all Canadian or a Canadian artist then the second half is a mix of artists from any country.
And any other variation of the above, you know?!

So whatever, right?  Today I did a theme, which was Native Indians.
For that I played:
Thee Headcoats - Poccahontas Was Her Name
Thee Headcoats - Cowboys Are Square
Indian Wars - Comanche Killer
Thee Headcoats - Louie Riel
Keith Secola - NDN Kars
The Wax Museums - Cowboys and Indians
Atom and His Package - If You Own the Washington Redskins, You're a Cock
Thee Headcoats - Comanche
Beat Happening - Indian Summer
Black Lips - Navajo
Pradada - Wasted Indians

That was about 1/4 of the show.  I couldn't really find any Native titled/related songs in the Garage/Punk kind of genre

So, then I started with the mix!:
Bertha Cool - Rat King
The b-52's - 52 Girls
The Dead Milkmen - Dean's Dream
Clues - You Have My Eyes Now
The Bitters - Nurtured Disease
The Dead Milkmen - Take Me Apart
Meth Teeth - I Was Wrong
Cheater Slicks - It's OK, What You Weigh
Brazilian Money - Give and Take, It's OK

And theeeen, my iPod was almost dead, because I'm a total idiot!
So I played songs from the CIVL Station computer these were:
Fun 100 - Roger and Me
Caribou - Found Out
The Weakerthans - Civil Twilight
Wolf Parade - Shine a Light

These songs gave my iPod enough time to charge to finish my show, so I continued with:

The Gruesomes - Why Me?
Makeout Videotape - Basketball Kids
The Embarrassment - Careen
Young Governor - You're So Sad
The Marvelous Darlings - Careerist
The Creeping Nobodies - Cowbell
Sneaky Pinks - Life Stupid, I Stupid
The Fleshtones - Play With Fire
Nu Sensae - Brain Aid
Grown-Ups - Waste Your Life
Fun 100 - Kimmy Gibbler is My Girlfriend
Dayglo Abortions - Bedtime Story
Shearing Pinx - Tropical Dementia

I may have gotten the order confused, but I don't really care, if you wanna you can see for yourself and then send me vicious hate mail - you know I would love it!

ALSO, I've missed a number of shows (today was my first Monday show), so if you click a link and it's not what you're looking for (if you know what I mean) then I was probably gone on business that day, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment