Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vase-Vase-Vaselines!!!

Saturday was my birthday
It was fun and I got to hang around with lots of old buddies and new buddies (radio friends and regular friends)


 We all went and saw the Vaselines and, to a lesser extent, the DumDum Girls

DumDum Girls opened with a boring-ish (but kind of good because I was a little drunk already) cover of Play With Fire by you know who off of the you know what soundtrack!

They were pretty in a normal alternative way  - quiet and covered in make-up
All in all they were too much like Vivian Girls - only Vivian Girls seem like they have some personality....

We stopped caring about them and went out and had smokes.

When the Vaselines started we went back inside, and found a spot close-ish to the front - but unfortunetly right by the bathroom so people kept passing by and being lame.

They played a whole bunch of classics and some new songs, they did not play Teenage Superstars though

The girl beside/in front of me and Tawnia kept farting smelly, quiet farts.  One of the guys standing by us pinched his nose closed and nudged the girl he was with and I saw his lips say "Let's go"

obviously they came back out for an encore after trying to be so tricky and pretending they were done

When they were done for real they got off stage like right beside where we were standing and I tugged Francis' sleeve and asked if she wanted to do an interview with CIVL Radio, and she declined...

I was HELLLA disapointed
but, I went to the merch table to buy a t-shirt anyways.  people kept budging in front of me!
Francis actually came to the merch table so I decided I should buy a record and have her sign it, because I didn't want to ruin the tee I was buying already. 

She signed the record "Happy Birthday" and my name and her name obviously and I asked her "So, are you sure you don't want to do an interview"
and she agreed to do one!!!

So we all went outside to smoke and make up questions, and then i wandered around for a bit more until she was ready and then helped her carry the bins of merch backstage
We were in this tiny loud room where the whole band was and it was super sweaty and gross!

But it got done and will air not this monday but next monday (Nov. 8)
you can hear the questions then and they will be posted here shortly after that.

Afterwards we all went to the Biltmore Pub and got wasted-er
and everything was cool, but I really wanted to stay the night at the hotel
so I wound up crying - esp. after the free birthday shot of fireball uggghh
This is Jason's fault for feeding me liquor and not being around to take the shot that I didn't even want!

Until the leaving part we all had a stellar time I think!

The Vaselines are swell and if they're coming to your town go see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment